MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS REQUEST FORM
If you have a manuscript or are in the process of writing one, our editors will review your work when you submit a proposal. To check out compatible titles, you are invited to browse through this website. For your publication proposal you are required to provide the information requested below. Please include a table of contents and a cogent description of the contents, chapter by chapter. The inclusion of a list of references plus at least one or two sample chapters to indicate the writing style, level of interest, and type of treatment is appreciated. Please DO NOT SEND your manuscript before submitting this form. Unsolicited manuscripts cannot be returned unless they are accompanied by sufficient return postage.
PART ONE: INFORMATION ABOUT WORK
1. Title of the book.
2. A 50-word abstract of the book.
3. A 500-word summary of the book, table of contents, list of all illustrations, maps, plates, timelines and other pertinent points which might help our editors choose an appropriate outside referee.
4. Should your book be accepted for publication, to which professional organizations might a brochure including a description of your book be mailed?
5. Do you have access to the mailing list of any special group?
6. At what professional conferences might the book be exhibited?
7. In which scholarly or professional journals would an ad for your book be most effective?
8. Please list the names and the most recent addresses of persons to whom we might send a notice of publication.
9. Has any section(s) of your manuscript been previously published elsewhere? If the answer is "yes," please specify and give exact references.
10. Competing books in the field. How does your book differ?
11. Name market(s) for this book.
12. Does this book have classroom adoption possibilities? If so, for what courses?
13. Names and addresses of prominent persons who might prepare remarks to be used in advertising and promotion if they were to receive proofs or advance copies of the book. Only persons with wide influence should be considered here.
14. Home town or other newspaper and editors who may be interested in receiving special news release concerning your book.
15. Booksellers whom you know.
16. Should a translation of the book appear suitable, it would be helpful if you would list here any foreign publishers you think might be particularly interested.
PART TWO: INFORMATION ABOUT AUTHOR/EDITOR/TRANSLATOR
Many of the questions in this part may be covered by a recent vita, which you may supply instead. This information will be kept strictly confidential.
2. Mailing address, telephone, fax, and e-mail number.
3. Present position (please give exact academic rank and institution).
4. Education (please include dates of degrees) and honors.
5. Titles of your publications and their publishers.
6. A brief summary of your career; your most interesting positions and experiences; principal cities and towns in which you have lived and the work you did there; occasions on which your name has been before the public, etc. Include professional and other relevant experiences in foreign countries.
Since some of our titles are published in series we recommend that you contact the series editor, should your manuscript fall within a particular series.
To send this information, along with a curriculum vita of your research and publication activities, please go to our Contact Us page, or simply mail to:
P.O. Box 2603
Costa Mesa, CA 92626